BBC Complaints: The link you need!

Sunday 14 February 2010

FEBRUARY FOOLS' DAY

*
At exactly the same time as the two (or, with Andrew Marr, three) Lefties were reviewing the papers on The Andrew Marr Show, Radio 4's Broadcasting House was giving us its treatment of the elderly care story, first looking at the political squabble over the issue in a report from Norman Smith that cast the Tories in the worst light (what a surprise!).
*
Then the programme turned to the issue itself with an essay on the subject by Philippa Stroud of the centre-right think tank The Centre for Social Justice, which argued that inheritance of wealth and property is no sin.
*
Do you believe me? Or am I pulling that annoying stunt yet again where, in the spirit of April Fools' Day, I mislead you into thinking that the BBC has surprisingly gone against all its left-wing instincts when it in fact hasn't?
*
Yes, I'm afraid that's exactly what I've done again. (I promise not to do it again, or it could become very tiresome!!)
*
Philippa Stroud did not appear on the programme, not did anyone else from a centre-right think tank. Instead the essay on Broadcasting House was given by Richard Reeves of the centre-left think Demos, and he argued against the 'madness' of our favourable attitudes towards inheritance.
*
No balancing voice was heard.
*
I'm at the stage now where I don't really expect one anymore.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.